This is me within a point in time, as best I can summarise myself.
I live in Glasgow, Scotland with my [very] significant other, our dog
(a Pomeranian), rabbit, 2 fish and hamster.
(I've re-written this point far too often because pets pass away too quickly)
I bought my first ever comic book recently,
. I chose this one because I've been playing the Arkham games lately and always wanted to see if I would
enjoy comics as much as I do the TV/Movies inspired by them.
- Watching TV, walking the dog and generally keeping isolated.
Things to do post-Covid
Skating in the form of Roller disco, Roller derby (maybe... see below) and Aggressive inline park skating.
- Cinema trips at the weekend
Further down this page, you'll come across a few pursuits/goals I have for my work and educational areas. Many
of these are to support the main goal in life right now.
Move to Canada - The driver for much of what I do.
- Learn to drive (Currently studying for theory test).
Sort out a better daily routine. Ideally; early wake-up, a nice morning walk, work, lunch-time fitness and
I've been a Software Engineer at
for 2+ years. I was promoted to Senior at the beginning of 2020.
I mostly work in React and I build a lot of random sites using
I build small experimental apps in
(coincidentally FanDuel's parent company is also called Flutter)
- I build and manage a lightweight storage system for my friend's Games that I've codenamed Morpus.
My main side project is called Pongstars, it's a mobile app written in Flutter for managing Table Tennis
leagues (we play a lot at work).
- Get back to full-stack development.
- Build my partner a portfolio website.
was the only reason I managed to hold back the blubber that was my body. I used to be nearly 108kg
(17st, 237 pounds) and then I took the gym, and my diet, more serious and managed to drop 25kg.
Now that I'm in lockdown it's all unravelling.
- When not in lockdown I went to the gym every weekday on my lunch break (usually around 2 hours).
I also attended training for
. I'm not very good and I haven't played a proper game yet, and may never as I came to realise I am not at
all competitive and I just like the training.
I've significantly toned down my goals because... lockdown.
- Walk more.
- Try to get into the habit of doing some stretch work to counter all the sitting.
This page was last updated on 24th January 2021.